Stress Sewing

It's been a hectic week and the week that just doesn't really seem to end.
Today I had an interview to try and get a permanent job and off my temporary contract. I am aiming for eligibility listing - hopefully where my interview was good enough to get me listed for a permanent position that arises in the future. Hopefully for three days per week then I can get off the full time bandwagon when husband starts up full time work. Hopefully in April. There is lots of "hopefully" mentioned in this post. Feeling the optimism today.
.
Anyway, in the lead up to my interview today I did a bit of "stress sewing". A term I have come up with to get a quick moment of satisfaction from sewing and to take my mind off anxious thoughts. I have managed anxiety a majority of my life and distraction therapy seems to work really well for me. 
.
Stress Sew #1
I have managed to make a "twirly skirt" for my 4 year old daughter Kailey over the weekend. It is very "Kailey" - sword weilding princesses, castles and pink dragons. I used the Rachel Skirt pattern by Ellie & Mac and Kailey is super happy with a quickly made up skirt! 
.
.
Stress Sew #2
I decided to cut out and completely sew a new scrub top for the Fun Scrub collection last night. Inspired by my Minecraft loving kids and husbands idea of making a "mutant" Scrub Top (aka a scrub top made of multiple fabrics) I saw my new Minecraft scrub top come to life.
.
.
I am really glad I added the licensed fabric to the arm sleeves because I think it would be way to much green if I left them off. Rory helped me identify all the characters on my new scrub top and I am looking forward to wearing it on Friday (aka Fun Scrub Friday). Might even pull out more fun scrub tops since I am on a bit of a mission to work through a lot of my fabric stash.
.
Stress sewing feels so satisfying and productive 🥰

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heirlooms & Toadstools: Stitching a Woodland Dream

The Turning Light: Finding Our Rhythm Again This March

A Dress Worth Every Stitch