A Coat For Frankie Rose - Day One
I have been invited by a beautiful sewing pattern company to trial a new pattern (I won't disclose the name of the company or the pattern just yet) but I need to tell a story along with my creation.
.
A Coat For Frankie Rose.
.
.
Frankie Rose, my eldest daughter, who is now 9 is an absolutely beautiful human being. She is quirky, original, honest, humble, fun, loyal and completely 100% loveable. She is truly my best friend.
.
Frankie was born in the early summer of 2014 and 4 weeks premature. Luckily size was on her side (weighing in at 3180g) and she only had to spend a night in NICU before being able to come home on time with me.
.
.
Fast forward to this weekend which has been a great Frankie-filled weekend. I took Frank to a friend's birthday party, I watched her play AFL, we shared caramel slice together and sung at the top of our lungs to many P!nk songs in the car. I told Frank about the coat I want to make for her to completely capture her personality and she is on board!
.
.
I spent the evening cutting out a sewing pattern while Frankie had a look at coat pocket and hood options. Frankie has chosen cool pastel colours for her coat so far and has told me I somehow need to incorporate an axolotl into the mix..... challenge accepted Frankie.
.
Comments
Post a Comment